Monica Lewinsky wants to set the record



Monica Lewinsky wants to set the record straight on her White House affair with Bill Clinton, hinting at how the sex scandal could affect “other people’s futures.”

The infamous White House intern says it’s “time to burn the beret and bury the blue dress,” in a Vanity Fair essay titled “Shame and Survival.”

The glossy haired brunette denies in her piece that the Clintons bought her silence and describes how her torrid history has left her permanently in the unemployment line.

“I was never ‘quite right’ for the position,” she bemoaned about her inability to get a job.

Lewinsky, the 22-year-old who began an affair with Clinton in 1996, grabbed global attention when news broke in 1998 of her sexual escapades in the Oval Office with the President.






I will always remain firm on this point: it was a consensual relationship

Now older and wiser at the age of 40, Lewinsky says she is ready to stop “tiptoeing around my past — and other people’s futures,” offering her remorse that the relationship ever even happened as chatter on the affair has resurfaced with the scrutiny over Hillary Clinton's presidential prospects.

“I, myself, deeply regret what happened between me and President Clinton. Let me say it again: I. Myself. Deeply. Regret. What. Happened,” she states.

Though she was a mere intern when the relationship began, she absolves Clinton from claims he harassed her.

“I will always remain firm on this point: It was a consensual relationship,” she declares, though admitting, “My boss took advantage of me.





“Any ‘abuse’ came in the aftermath, when I was made a scapegoat in order to protect his powerful position,” she continued, throwing equal blame on the “Clinton administration, the special prosecutor’s minions, the political operatives on both sides of the aisle, and the media” who did a hatchet job on her reputation.

Lewinsky now says she wants to use her story to help others trying to move past their private turmoil — naming 18-year-old Rutgers freshman Tyler Clementi, who committed suicide in 2010.

“Perhaps by sharing my story … I might be able to help others in their darkest moments of humiliation.”


Post a Comment

0 Comments